SATURDAY OCT. 26
SUNDAY OCT. 27, 2013
We donated a portion of the proceeds of this dinner to Concrete Jungle, a volunteer-run, Atlanta-based organization that helps to distribute unused food to the hungry. They are doing excellent things for citizens of Atlanta. Read more about them here and come eat with us to help support their mission.
YOUR PUBLIC DOMAIN GUIDE TO
Without fresh quality ingredients, you cannot create excellent, nourishing food. These farms produce those ingredients right in or around your home town!
- Terra Preta Farm – Supplied the beets, pea tendrils, and micro cilantro
- Snow’s Bend Farm – Supplied the fennel, upland cress, mache, carrots, and sweet potatoes
- Southeast Family Farm – Supplied the goat
- Fudge Family Farms – Supplied the pork in the bratwurst.
- Paradise Farms – Frank’s own farm, which supplied the collards in the bratwurst
PLACES YOU CAN BUY SOME OF THESE INGREDIENTS AND MORE
- Visit the websites for the farms above to find out where you can buy their produce.
- Pepper Place Market
- Jones Valley Teaching Farm
OTHER ARTISAN PRODUCERS
- Good People Brewing Company – My favorite brewery in Bama! I’m not just saying that. There is a reason we chose to host the dinner there and pair all of the courses with their beers. They supplied our wonderful dinner space and the following excellent beers in order: Bearded Lady, American Pale Ale, American Brown Ale, Snake Handler, & Coffee Oatmeal Stout. They have many more. Go try them!
- Octane Coffee – Supplied the coffee beans that were candied, added to the cheesecake crust, and were in the Coffee Oatmeal Stout. By far the best coffee and espresso in the Southeast! In addition, they have excellent breakfast, pastries, a full bar, and a great craft beer selection. Oh, and rosé and riesling on tap!
- Stone Hollow Farmstead – Supplied the wonderful chevre that went into the cheesecake. They so soo much more. Check their website out!
- Wright Dairy – Supplied the luscious cream and buttermilk that the creme fraîche was made from.
FRANK’S WONDERFUL RESTAURANTS
You already know these but I want to include them to remind you to treat yourself every once in a while to a Frank Stitt lunch or dinner at all of them!
by Rinne Allen