SUNDAY MARCH 24th, 2013
Good People Brewing Company
114 14th Street S
Birmingham, AL 35233
Scott Cohen – Highlands Bar & Grill, Birmingham, AL
Zack Redes- Highlands Bar & Grill, Birmingham, AL
Adam Grusin – Chez Fon Fon, Birmingham, AL
Dean Neff – Rhubarb Restaurant, Asheville, NC
Matt Downes – Luna Baking Corp., Athens, GA
Patrick Davis – Bottega Restaurant, Birmingham, AL
We donated a portion of the proceeds of this dinner to Magic City Harvest. They are an important organization that recovers excess food and delivers it to non-profit feeding agencies to help alleviate food insecurity and food waste in the greater Birmingham area. They are doing great things for Birmingham. Please visit their site to learn more. Make a direct donation by going to their website and clicking the “Donate” button on the right.
YOUR PUBLIC DOMAIN GUIDE TO
Without fresh quality ingredients, you cannot create excellent, nourishing food. These farms produce those ingredients right in or around your home town!
- Terra Preta Farm – Supplied the beets, pea tendrils, and micro cilantro
- Snow’s Bend Farm – Supplied the fennel, upland cress, mache, carrots, and sweet potatoes
- Southeast Family Farm – Supplied the goat
- Fudge Family Farms – Supplied the pork in the bratwurst.
- Paradise Farms – Frank’s own farm, which supplied the collards in the bratwurst
PLACES YOU CAN BUY SOME OF THESE INGREDIENTS AND MORE
- Visit the websites for the farms above to find out where you can buy their produce.
- Pepper Place Market
- Jones Valley Teaching Farm
OTHER ARTISAN PRODUCERS
- Good People Brewing Company – My favorite brewery in Bama! I’m not just saying that. There is a reason we chose to host the dinner there and pair all of the courses with their beers. They supplied our wonderful dinner space and the following excellent beers in order: Bearded Lady, American Pale Ale, American Brown Ale, Snake Handler, & Coffee Oatmeal Stout. They have many more. Go try them!
- Octane Coffee – Supplied the coffee beans that were candied, added to the cheesecake crust, and were in the Coffee Oatmeal Stout. By far the best coffee and espresso in the Southeast! In addition, they have excellent breakfast, pastries, a full bar, and a great craft beer selection. Oh, and rosé and riesling on tap!
- Stone Hollow Farmstead – Supplied the wonderful chevre that went into the cheesecake. They so soo much more. Check their website out!
- Wright Dairy – Supplied the luscious cream and buttermilk that the creme fraîche was made from.
FRANK’S WONDERFUL RESTAURANTS
You already know these but I want to include them to remind you to treat yourself every once in a while to a Frank Stitt lunch or dinner at all of them!
by Rinne Allen